So its been the usual ~2 weeks since my last blog post. During the past week i spent my time attempting to resurrect a forum from the ashes (aka backup) and I have run into a multitude of problems. At first the backup simply wouldn't restore, nothing would happen. Eventually I got it restored onto an old phpbb 2.0.19 but the style that was used at the time wasn't backed up also, so i was left with an error. After using a php script i found to reset the style back to default, It finally started working, but when I upgraded it to the latest 3.0.7 PL1, it gave errors at registration. At the time I had no idea it was simply a ampersand (&) that was causing all the problems, so I uninstalled everything, rinse, repeat... about 5 times until I finally figured it out.
Anyways, the forum is a biking forum for critical mass, located at http://www.CMForum.co.cc/
Next task: redesign my own site for once! I have a beta kinda http://www.stephensmith.co.cc/new , just a couple things to fix.