Under my old domain, the .co.nr one, my website was viewed through whats called an iframe, which is like a window which shows the content of the target site. This frame was on a different server than my website, and provided the illusion that i had the .co.nr domain, when in actuality, just a window.
There were certain disadvantages to this, such as when viewing the source code/html of the page. It would show the code for the "window" rather than my actual site, and any link pointing to an external site would keep the window, for example if i linked to youtube and someone clicked the link, it will go to youtube, but my domain will stay in the address bar.
There was also an advantage of having this url masking or "window". I used blogger to have a simple and easy to use blog, and when i linked to it, it looked like it was on my site.
Now to the point of this post, to combat the disadvantages, i got a domain name that supports the use of nameservers, so it could work just like how google.com works, not a window, but a fully qualified domain name. But now my advantage disappears. My blog looks like an external site, so here i am, with blogger installed onto my webserver.
For the past week, i have been working on making it look like the rest of my site, and like my old blog, but i have run into lots of problems. At first i resorted to finding a clone theme that somebody had ported from blogger, but the code was extremely unfamiliar, and i ended up making my own theme using my website html. So now, i have fixed multiple issues, such as post title color, link colors, alignment problems, css issues, and now the only think that remains is the post title size. It's randomly smaller than my old blog, and it's annoying me and my ocd-ness.
So that's my random site update for the week. New domain and new blog. This post is longer than usual.