I don't post often anymore because I don't have much time to work on my own things. I have been very busy with my job, which pays unlike these little personal projects. Nevertheless, I have managed to make a few scripts that read data from Google Voice takeout. If you have used Google Voice for texting, you might notice that there are a lot of little bugs. The thread/conversation system often has issues and scrambles texts. A common problem is that it fails to auto break threads into days, resulting in a week or so of textx in 1 thread labeled with 1 date. This makes it very hard to find a specific text, as it may be in a 500 text long thread from 3 days prior. The only solution I could think of would be to mix all the texts from all the threads and re sort them into threads based on the day.
The scripts I made iterate through all the html files from Voice and it enters each individual text message into a database along with the time and name. A separate script uses the Wolfram API to convert the time of each message into a unix timestamp, also stored in the database. This column can then be used to sort and retrieve texts based on a certain day (unix timestamp range). I may upload it to GIT if someone wants to check it out. It doesn't have much error handling, but if it is set up right, it should work fine.
Next week is exams. :(
I made several changes to Catherine's Website, basically a couple of layout changes and the addition of the color green. I'm also going to remove the chemistry background because it tires my eye and I never got around to making it look dimmer.
Also, Google has sent lots of people Google Chrome laptops. I really REALLY want one, because I have never had laptop and I really like the idea of a browser only os made by Google, plus the case is 100% unbranded and without logo making it the coolest laptop ever.
Finally changed my domain officially, stephen.vlexo.net no longer exists. Thats one less thing on my to do list, but now, i have something to replace it. Because of my new domain, i can finally have different meta tags for each page, this is a great advantage, unfortunately i will have to edit each page and add them all in, which is definately something for the list.
(i actually forgot what it was i just remembered)
So hopefully i will be able to have my website better understood my google.